Updates from your School Nurse, 10/22/21
· Please send in your child’s Flu Vaccine Registration Form (sent home last week) if you are interested in having your child receive their Flu Shot on Thurs, Oct 28th, at our Flu Clinic here at DES, for students and staff. COVID vaccines will NOT be available at this clinic.
· I spoke with classes yesterday, Thurs Oct 21st, about hand hygiene, proper mask wearing and why we stay home when we are sick. This is a great time to have your child demonstrate what proper handwashing looks like, and reinforcing this skill at home. Also, please remember to continue to wash cloth masks each night, after a day of use.
· Water bottles, PLEASE remember to have your child continue to bring a water bottle to school every day.
· Chilly days are ahead, be prepared! Please start taking out that winter gear and checking the proper fit and condition of coats, snow pants, and boots. It won’t be long before we are all in winter gear. Please consider getting gloves/mittens that are waterproof, these often get soaked during a day in the life of an active, playful child. Labeling ALL winter gear items, with a child’s name, is also VERY helpful.
· The TTCC in Bristol, will be hosting their annual Operation Warm again this year. This is for families who are in need of assistance in obtaining winter gear for their child(ren). Order forms are due by Oct 28th. (see attached form). These items are FREE of cost, but a limited supply, please get these forms in as soon as you are able.
· Don't forget to have your child brush up on those dental hygiene skills, especially as we head towards those sweet tooth days of Trick-or-Treats. Kids should be flossing their teeth (may need help) once a day and brushing their teeth (again they may need help or supervision) for 2 minutes in the morning and 2 minutes at night before bed.
Please contact me, your DES School Nurse for any questions, comments or concerns. Thank you!! :-)